For more than two decades, Monitor has provided comprehensive executive and professional liability products. Since 2007, our expertise has extended to providing Accountants Professional Liability (APL) Insurance to firms operating as bookkeepers, tax preparers or Certified Public Accountants.
The product offers the protection accounting professionals need to reduce their personal risk in the event there is a claim arising out of the performance of professional accounting services.
Access to Accountants Professional Liability
All new submissions come to Monitor through one of two distribution channels.
See Monitor’s Accountants Professional Liability Product Distributors for contact information.
- Small-to-mid-size local and regional firms
- Limits of liability up to $5 million
- $1,000 deductible available for individuals and the firm
- Primary and excess coverage available
- Claims-made and duty to defend policy
- Coverage extends to the firm and its professional staff
- Broad definition of claim
- Punitive damage coverage, where insurable
- Extended reporting period options
- Coverage for loss of earnings
- 50% deductible credit for use of mediation or non-binding arbitration, up to maximum of $25,000
- Aggregate limit for supplemental coverages
This coverage overview is not part of an insurance contract and does not supersede the policy. Please read the policy form for complete terms, conditions and exclusions. Premiums and terms depend on the size and type of organization and other factors.
- Toll-free helpline
- Risk management website, MyRiskAdvice™
These services are provided by Gordon Rees Scully Mansukhani, LLP, a national law firm with extensive experience handling the challenges faced by accountants.
Learn about Monitor's Risk Management.
A+ Rated Carriers
Admiral Insurance Company
Berkley Insurance Company
Carolina Casualty Insurance Company
Learn about Monitor's A+ rated carriers.