Here you will find a variety of publications and media related to our coverages, products and services.
Use the form below to search our extensive library.
Nonprofit Liability Overview
Accountants Professional Liability Risk Management Overview
No Cost Risk Management Services
Risk management services are provided to Monitor's policyholders no cost.
MyRiskAdvice is designed to help accountants understand, prevent and manage potential lawsuit risk areas within your accounting business. MyRiskAdvice includes a website and helpline.
The website offers guidance on accounting best practices, sample letters and much more! MyRiskAdvice.com has the resources you need.
Reduce Your Risk With the Help of an Expert
Get confidential and timely answers to common workplace questions
MyHRHelp helps you understand, prevent and research workplace issues. MyHRHelp includes a website and helpline.
The website offers sample materials, hiring process guide, legal and workplace information and more! MyHRHelpweb.com has the resources you need.
New E&O Coverage for Trade Associations
Professional services liability coverage is now available for nonprofit trade associations with 501c6 designations
> $500 for $500K limit
> $350 for $250K limit
* Professional services liability coverage is only available in conjunction with D&O coverage.
Professional services wrongful act coverages include, but are not limited to:
> Accreditation, certification, credentialing, professional assessment, peer review, sponsoring, discipline, or standard setting activities
> Advocacy including but not limited to lobbying
> Research papers, publications, course texts, educational programs and seminars
> Pre-negotiated discounts, service arrangements, or preferred vendor directory
> Pre-negotiated insurance programs
> Event Planning
Learn more about Nonprofit Liability!
Need an application? See Forms & Applications
Restaurants - Higher Lawsuit Risks
New Claim Management FAQs
This PDF includes a collection of frequently asked questions (FAQs) about the changes to Monitor's claim management.
For more information, see the New Claim Management Announcement.
New Claim Management at Monitor
Effective April 15th, Mendes and Mount, LLP will be the claim administrator for Monitor.
Mendes will handle all active claims on behalf of Monitor.
To provide continuity of claim service, many of your clients with pending claims have already received notification from Mendes and Mount, LLP.
If your client has a pending claim, their defense counsel will not change.
- All claim reporting procedures remain the same – report claims directly to Monitor
- After a claim is reported, a claim handler at Mendes will be assigned
- Mendes on behalf of Monitor will notify the appropriate parties and assign defense counsel if appropriate
We are confident this change will provide enhanced claim management for our producers and policyholders.
About Mendes and Mount, LLP:
- One of the largest law firms in the country entirely devoted to the practice of insurance law
- Expertise with liability issues faced by directors and officers, lawyers, and accountants
- Experienced in employment practices liability matters
- A full service firm for almost a 100 years
As we continue to innovate and grow our business, having Mendes and Mount, LLP manage our claims is one more way for Monitor to provide superior customer service for our producers and policyholders.
For more information, see New Claim Management FAQs
Lawyers Professional Liability - Nonstandard
Provided information about Lawyers Professional Liability insurance coverage.
Prevailing Sources of Potential Liability for Private Companies and Their Directors and Officers
Private companies, by their nature, are less susceptible than public companies to certain liability risks. For public companies, the advantage of access to capital brings with it the enhanced risk of shareholder claims based upon actual or alleged misinformation, whether in the company’s mandatory quarterly and annual regulatory filings or in its press releases or other statements to the public. Nevertheless, private companies and their directors and officers are certainly susceptible to significant liability risks...
An overview of the MyMonitor Producer portal.
Monitor Launches ExecSuite
Enhanced Executive Liability Insurance for Private Companies...
Read the media release.
Small Business Employment Practice Liability Overview
An overview of Monitor's small business EPL product.
Monitor Offers Businesses Comprehensive Risk Management Solutions
The cost of an employment-related lawsuit can be more than $100,000, enough to ruin many businesses. The number of claims filed has also been rising. At Monitor, we’ve seen a 30 percent jump in claims in the last few years.
That’s why Monitor offers, at no extra cost, a comprehensive suite of risk management services to its Employment Practices Liability policyholders.
From the day their premium is paid, they get unlimited access to:
- MyHRHelp – a risk management website that provides resources covering all areas of workplace law and includes templates of employment applications, policies, procedures and an employee handbook
- Unlimited calls to a toll-free, confidential helpline that provides expert advice about employment-related workplace concerns
- Free online sexual harassment prevention training
- Free monthly webinars for Monitor's Policyholders
- Two free California AB1825 compliant online sexual harassment prevention trainings annually
- A subscription to the newsletter, Employment Law Updates, that highlights important workplace law news and trends
With Monitor, companies get more than just a policy. They get the knowledge and experience they need to protect their business before a claim situation even arises.
Nursery and Landscape Business EPL Claims Overview
The number of employment-related lawsuits brought against nursery and landscape businesses continues to increase and can include allegations of discrimination, harassment, wrongful termination and retaliation...
Small Talk: The Top 3 Employment Practices Liability Risks
The "Small Talk" series covers current trends that relate to a Monitor Liability's products. Each presentation is less than 10 minutes.
Presenter: Lynette Lyngaas, Vice President - Employment Practices Liability, Management Liability