Monitor has provided Lawyers Professional Liability (LPL) Insurance to law firms since 1994. Our longevity in this market demonstrates our commitment to protect law firms from personal liability and financial loss arising out of alleged legal malpractice.
- Law firms with one to 50 lawyers
Have a submission? Send it to us!
- Limits of liability up to $5 million
- $1,000 deductible available for individuals and the firm
- Primary and excess coverage available
- Claims-made and duty to defend policy
- Coverage extends to the firm and its professional staff
- Broad definition of claim
- 60-day automatic extended reporting period
- Broad innocent insured provision
- Automatic coverage for attorneys joining the firm during the policy period
- Extended reporting period options
- Worldwide coverage
This coverage overview is not part of an insurance contract and does not supersede the policy. Please read the policy form for complete terms, conditions and exclusions. Premiums and terms depend on the size and type of organization and other factors.
Need LPL marketing materials? See Resources.
- Toll-free helpline
- Email alerts and The Lawyer’s Lawyer newsletter
These services are provided by Hinshaw and Culbertson LLP, a leader in counseling and defending lawyers and law firms in legal malpractice cases.
Learn more about Monitor's Risk Management.
A+ Rated Carrier
Berkley Insurance Company
Learn more about Monitor's A+ rated carriers.