Monitor's Small Business Employment Practices Liability (EPL) Insurance is designed to protect small-to-mid-sized businesses against liability for claims brought by employees who allege employment-related wrongful acts. Our Small Business EPL insurance includes a suite of risk management services and we have a dedicated team of claim professionals with extensive experience in employment-related litigation.
- Privately held companies with up to 100 employees
- Limits of liability up to $1 million, and as low as $250,000
- Primary coverage available
- Deductibles as low as $2,500 available
- Employment practices liability protection for claims made by current, former and potential employees
- Claims protection extends to the business, employees and owners
- Coverage includes full-time, part-time, leased, seasonal and temporary employees
- Covered claims include regulatory proceedings such as Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) charges
- Covered losses include damages and defense costs
- Full prior acts coverage
- Optional sublimit for third party liability coverage for claims brought by customers for discrimination and/or harassment
- Optional sublimit for costs of defense for claims alleging violation(s) of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Optional sublimit for costs of defense for criminal investigations brought by any government agency for alleged hiring or harboring of illegal aliens
This coverage overview is not part of an insurance contract and does not supersede the policy. Please read the policy form for complete terms, conditions and exclusions. Premiums and terms depend on the size and type of organization and other factors.
Need Small Business EPL marketing materials? See Resources.
- Toll-free EPL helpline provided by Gordon & Rees LLP
- Risk management website, MyHRHelp
- Employment Law Updates newsletter
Learn more about Monitor's Risk Management.