Monitor offers Lawyers Professional Liability (LPL) Insurance to law firms that have encountered difficulty securing coverage in the standard insurance marketplace. We have a dedicated team of underwriters well-versed in the challenges and risks facing distressed or hard to place firms.
Access to Lawyers E & S Program
All new submissions come to Monitor through one of 11 distribution channels.
See Monitor's Lawyers E & S Program Distributors for contact information.
- Law firms with one to 50 lawyers
- Law firms with one or more of the following circumstances:
- Claim frequency and/or severity issues
- Nonrenewed by the standard market
- Difficult areas of practice (e.g., securities, class action)
- Disciplinary issues
- Staffing or procedural issues
- Other unusual circumstances or business arrangements
- Various limits of liability offered
- Deductibles available for individuals and the firm
- Primary and excess coverage available
- Claims-made and duty to defend policy
- Coverage extends to the firm and its professional staff
- Broad definition of claim
- Prior acts coverage
- Extended reporting period options
- Coverage extends to attorneys joining the firm during the policy period
This coverage overview is not part of an insurance contract and does not supersede the policy. Please read the policy form for complete terms, conditions and exclusions. Premiums and terms depend on the size and type of organization and other factors.
- Toll-free helpline
- Email alerts and The Lawyer’s Lawyer newsletter
These services are provided by Hinshaw and Culbertonson LLP, a leader in counseling and defending lawyers and law firms in legal malpractice cases.
Learn more about Monitor's Risk Management.
A+ Rated Carrier
Admiral Insurance Company
Learn more about Monitor's A+ rated carriers.