Monitor's Nonprofit Liability (NP) Insurance is designed to protect the assets of the organization and the personal assets of its leaders. Organizations can tailor their coverage to match their needs. Choices include Directors, Officers and Organization Liability, Employment Practices Liability, and Fiduciary Liability Insurance. In a sector where every dollar counts, Monitor understands nonprofit organizations must use their money wisely. Our policy offers the right coverage at the right price.
- Organizations that qualify as a not-for-profit organization and/or have a 501(c) status designation
- Monitor will consider most nonprofit organizations, but does have a list of restricted classes of business
Have a submission? Send it to us!
- Limits of liability up to $5 million
- Separate or combined limits for each coverage
- $0 deductible available for individuals
- $500 deductible available for the organization
- $1,000 deductible available for employment practices liability coverage
- $0 deductible available for fiduciary liability coverage
- Primary and excess coverage available
- Claims-made and duty to defend policy
- Coverage extends to the organization, its subsidiaries, employees and directors and officers
- Broad definitions of director, trustee and officer, employee and fiduciary
- Broad definition of claim, including administrative charges filed with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
- Loss includes punitive and exemplary damages, where insurable
- Full prior acts coverage
- Worldwide coverage
- Non-cancellable by the Insurer except for non-payment of premium
- Costs of defense in addition to the limit of liability
- Employment practices liability coverage extends to claims brought by third parties
- Costs of defense for alleged violations of Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Costs of defense for alleged hiring or harboring of illegal aliens
- Coverage for alleged workplace bullying
This coverage overview is not part of an insurance contract and does not supersede the policy. Please read the policy form for complete terms, conditions and exclusions. Premiums and terms depend on the size and type of organization and other factors.
Need NP marketing materials? See Resources.
- Toll-free helpline
- Risk management website, MyHRHelp™
These services are provided by Gordon Rees Scully Mansukhani, LLP, a national law firm with extensive experience in employment law.
Learn more about Monitor's Risk Management.
A+ Rated Carriers
Admiral Insurance Company
Carolina Casualty Insurance Company
Berkley Insurance Company
Learn more about Monitor's A+ rated carriers.