Monitor's Nonstandard Nonprofit Liability (NP) Insurance policy helps nonprofits mitigate their risks. We provide NP Insurance to organizations with a distressed claim history and those that have encountered difficulty finding coverage in the standard marketplace. It's intended for organizations that have made a commitment to improve their risk management procedures and seek coverage.
- Organizations that qualify as a not-for-profit organization and/or have a 501(c) status designation
- Monitor will consider most nonprofit organizations, but does have a list of restricted classes of business
Have a submission? Send it to us!
- Limits of liability up to $3 million
- Separate or combined limits of liability available
- Variety of deductible options
- Claims-made and duty to defend policy
- Broad definition of claim includes administrative charges filed with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) or state equivalent
- Coverage includes full time, part time, leased employees and volunteers
- Loss includes punitive and damages where insurable
- 12, 24, 36 month Extended Reporting Period options
- Optional third party liability coverage
- Optional sublimit for costs of defense for alleged violations of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
This coverage overview is not part of an insurance contract and does not supersede the policy. Please read the policy form for complete terms, conditions and exclusions. Premiums and terms depend on the size and type of organization and other factors.
- Toll-free helpline
- Risk management website, MyHRHelp™
These services are provided by Gordon Rees Scully Mansukhani, LLP, a national law firm with extensive experience in employment law.
Learn more about Monitor's Risk Management.
A+ Rated Carrier
Admiral Insurance Company
Learn more about Monitor's A+ rated carrier.