Monitor's Employment Practices Liability (EPL) insurance provides the protection your clients need in today’s litigious and ever-evolving employment-related claims environment. Coverage is available monoline or together with other coverages as part of ExecSuite® Executive Liability insurance. Monitor's policyholders receive complimentary access to MyHRHelp™, a comprehensive suite of risk management services.
- Public or private companies with up to 2,000 employees
We aim to grow our market footprint by taking a broader set of risks in our established industry verticals.
Contact your underwriter to learn more about our expanded EPL risk appetite.
Have a submission? Send it to us!
- Limits of liability up to $5 million and as low as $250,000
- Primary or excess coverage available
- Claims-made and duty to defend policy
- Broad definition for:
- Wrongful employment act
- Third party wrongful act
- Third party liability coverage included in policy for claims brought by customers for discrimination and/or harassment (including costs of defense for Americans with Disabilities Act [ADA] and public accommodation claims)
- Coverage extends to the entity, its subsidiaries, employees and directors and officers
- All exclusions include carve-back for retaliation
- Definition of insured includes independent contractors, where indemnifiable
- Definition of employee includes full-time, part-time, leased, seasonal, volunteers, interns and temporary individuals
- Coverage for claims made by current and former employees, and applicants for employment
- Definition of claim includes an administrative or regulatory investigation or proceeding, such as Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) charges
- Modified prior and pending litigation exclusion with unemployment benefits carve-back
- Severability of all exclusions
- Optional sublimit for costs of defense for claims alleging violation(s) of Fair Labor Standards Act (wage and hour)
- Optional sublimit for costs of defense for criminal investigations brought by any government agency for alleged hiring or harboring of illegal aliens
- Optional sublimit for franchisor if named in a claim along with the named insured (franchisee)
- Optional cost of defense in addition to the limit of liability
- Automatic 60-day Extended Reporting Period
- Automatic coverage for subsidiaries up to 35% of assets and/or employees, created or acquired during the policy period and new U.S. locations
- 90 days to report a claim after the policy period
- Pre-determined allocation of costs of defense at 100%
- Coverage extends to any nonprofit controlled by the entity
- Modified settlement clause
- Damages include punitive or exemplary damages up to the limit of liability, where insurable
- Duty to defend policy language
- Full prior acts coverage
- Worldwide coverage
- Broadened definition of claim to include tolling
- Easy-to-read policy form
This coverage overview is not part of an insurance contract and does not supersede the policy. Please read the policy form for complete terms, conditions and exclusions. Premiums and terms depend on the size and type of organization and other factors.
Need EPL marketing materials? See Resources.
- Toll-free helpline calls that provide basic workplace issue consultation
- MyHRHelp™ website with employment resources
- Free monthly risk management webinars with an archived webinar library
- Two free California AB 1825 compliant online sexual harassment awareness trainings annually
All services are provided by Gordon Rees Scully Mansukhani, LLP, a national law firm with extensive experience in employment law.
Learn more about Monitor's Risk Management.
A+ Rated Carriers
Admiral Insurance Company
Berkley Insurance Company
Learn more about Monitor's A+ rated carriers.